BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Originally posted by nas
Quote:
Originally posted by Tintin
Quote:
i used to watch league cricket when i in bangladesh, the last game i saw was when raman lamba got hit on the head
Oooh. Can you tell more about it ?
it was kind of short leg position, where he was fielding
i was sitting in the vip section, the bowler was bowling from the end where abahani fans were sitting,
the spinner bowled a half tracker and mehrab pulled it,
raman lamba got it on side of his head, the players gathered round and as far i remember he walked off the field on his own with one of the club workers.
monents he went to hospital for feeling dizzy,

what i heard later was that he was aked to wear helmet by the umpire but he said he used to field in that position without any protection in ranji trophy.

Edited on, August 31, 2005, 9:30 PM GMT, by nas.
oh..the incident with opee and raman lamba...
reminds me of good ol school years...

according to opee, ( whom i knew thru being in the same school) lamba was pissing him off big time being in such a close proximity to him and sledgin his a** off....(no offence intended to the departed soul, part of game i guess)

lamba was sayin, apparently directing to opee, that he wouldnt need the helmet cuz opee cudnt pull ... and he's safe in his fielding position....

lamba was even daring opee to play a shot towards him so that he(lamba) can catch him out... and opee's bn waiting for a while to do so...just to teach him a lesson...

so when he got the right ball...opee aparently pulled it hard ....so that it goes past lamba and shuts his mouth....

but unfortunately...it hit right on his head..the rest is history....

According to opee,,when he went to see lamba in the hospital, someone pointed him out to lamba's widow...
and she just gave him a long cold look....

and even to someone like him, (one of the world's biggest mo**er fu***r i've ever known !!!)...it send him shiver down to his spine...and trust me...he looked changed for a few days...guess it shooked him a bit...

but then again after few days...he was back to his old shelf, doing what he did best...(and i mean not cricket)

....sorry guys...if i was talkin rubbish...but the whole lamba opee incident just shot me back to school years and made me a bit nostalgic !!!

...............dont worry...im already recovering.......