View Single Post
Old October 7, 2006, 11:03 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

provided that the wicket doesn't produce unexpected greenery, we may have a good chance to bundle them out fairly cheaply (early - mid 200's) given their vulnerability to spin bowling. i say we retain the same bowling line up - rajjak's becoming a personal favourite, and he along with rafique and a bit of hasan can cause trouble for the WI batsmen. i agree with most of you in that masri should not be bowled in the slog overs. i would also like to retain rasel: if we are bowling second, the evening moisture combined with his ability to swing it both ways might prove deadly. aftab could be effective under such circumstances too.

as for batting, i would really like to see ash get dropped. the guy has no idea about what the team wants from him. when asked to play his natural game, he gets the impression that the team wants him as a pinch-hitter. if that's what he thinks of himself, then i dont see why he should be opening rather than taking brain pills and napping at the hotel. 18/43 chasing 303 is unacceptable.

aftab and bashar's inconsistency is also getting quite irritating. these guys have enough experience to be able to put some value on their wickets. i'm not VERY worried about bashar - i'm sure he will bounce back in the next couple of matches - but aftab's cameo 30's are really getting on my nerves.

as long as we don't turn a batting wicket into a bowler's paradise when it's our turn to pad up, we should be fine. i have enough faith on the bowlers - they have kept things tidy before.

today's defeat was probably a considerable one - the margin hardly speaks of the difference between the two sides that were out there in the middle; however, it also shows that we can score big against tough opposition, even after not having had much match practice. if the batsmen can simply rotate the strike a bit more and score boundaries here ans there, and the bowlers can tidy it up a bit, we should be fine.