View Single Post
Old October 23, 2006, 07:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed_B
Billah bhai... Bangladesh context e Lipu'r moto copy-cat der value o kintu onek. From what I heard... he has a plan of producing brand new (self-designed) Bangladeshi cars for middle-income BD people which will cost about 2 Lacs BDT. Talent of this guy may mean nothing in developed countires.. but BD can use self-motivated guys like him for sure.
Lipu will probably buy engines from China, other components from India and put the body together for his "car". We already have korimon and Nosimon for that. If someone puts a facade of a BMW on top of one of those, I can't call it progress.

Bangladesh light engineering industry, as I have found from first hand experience, has severe shortage of two kinds of skills. One, metalllurgical engineers, and two, the skilled "casting and moulding " workers. If it wasn't for that, we would have already produced indigenous cars, because, we already have or are able to manage the rest.

To be a car manufacturing enterprise, one needs to have skilled professionals, plenty of resources, supply of raw materials, a backbone sector, and good grasp of the local socio-political situation. Presently, I can't forsee any of those coming from the likes of Lipu.

However, he will, in the least, inspire this generation to take a serious look in to it..