View Single Post
Old November 5, 2006, 02:21 AM
Test Cricketer

Default What are you reading?

This old thread saved some times. Just dug it out of the grave. But so informative. Although I didnt read many of them, but found awesome while reading " Life of Pi" by Yann Martel. Almost finished reading "Every Second Counts" by Lance Armstrong and Sally Jenkins. One is the border-line fiction of a shipwreck survivor and the other is the true portray of a cancer survivor.

It was amazing to read how Pi managed to dwell with Richard Parker (the Bengal tiger), in the same life boat along with a bunch of hyena, zebra, and orangutan and kept fighting with full faith in God. Loved to read the last few pages of the twists of his story.

Both books gave the accounts not only for survival, but also detail how they conquer their time. Still engrossed in the last few pages of "Every Second Counts". It is amazing to learn how Lance swipe the Tour de France for so many times and won all the odds and accusation. Enough to give you new blood in your vein.

Please keep posted about what you are currently reading. I thought of opening a new thread, then tamed my desire; rather panned this thread out of oblivion full of flavor!