View Single Post
Old December 8, 2006, 05:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHasan
I don't know why we make those bamboo pavilions! Because if you look at other hot countries like Austrlia then you will see they dont even cover the gallaries, they leave the gallary open even though it's 30 degree celcious hot.

And in this series in Dhaka it's not that hot at all, temperature is around 20-25 degrees. So I don't think there is any logic to make those temporary shades. It looks poor. We should leave it as it is then the ground will look more natural and nicer.
At the same time, it's humid in Bangladesh (although not now). And that humidity, together with heat under the sun, is terrible. I also believe that the intensity of the sun is more in Bangladesh.

And since when did BD people start doing things after good thought? It's like biryani with daal, and chilli chicken with porota (trust me, I had it at a friend's place).

My understanding is that, having said that this stadium has just been approved, there is more work to come before the WC. Lets wait and see what comes up. There isn't even a proper players' area...they were showing it on TV yesterday. It's still the football type sitting arrangement for the players (on the side of the field). So my assumption is, there's more to come soon.