View Single Post
Old March 8, 2004, 11:43 AM
Cricket Legend

fy:

the first class 4 day league only has divisional teams - 6 regions - dhaka, chiitagong, rajshahi, sylhet, khulna, barisal. they also play a one day format, and I think some additional teams may be allowed there but not many - eg this year BCB development team played in that league. the dhaka metro league, and other city metro leagues, are now relegated in importance - no idea when they play but some of the first class players are also on these club teams. eg alamgur kabir, rajin came from city club if i remember correctly.

the national players hardly play any club or first class cricket in bangladesh. in my opinion that is one of the bigger problems. that is a bad for the national players - they should be in competitve cricket and not in a separate training camp all the time in my opinion. it's also bad for the league because it is deprived of the best players.

although this year the national players did play a few games between tours, but they keep changing the rules around that every year.

what is also needed is a lot more money in sponsorships. the ill gotten gains of many leading business enterprises in bangladesh could be made halal by sponsoring cricket - a win-win proposal in my opinion.