View Single Post
Old February 27, 2007, 04:37 PM
Cricket Legend

even though its a slow start, in the end the result looks satisfying, win by 8 wkts. but giving away 200+ to bermuda is really unacceptable. here is what i think about some players:

tamim: this boy needs to middle the ball for a couple of overs, simply feeling the ball with the middle of the bat increase confidence. he had enough time to do that against bermuda. even guys like jayasuriya who is a pinch hitter per excellence, consume some deliveries to understand the pitch and bowlers. i dont know what his instructions are but somebody needs to tell him this.

SN:reliable, lets see if he can take his minnow bashing to the next level against stronger teams.

Aftab: I think he will settle down, he reminds me of Aravinda DeSilva who was called "mad max" because he just used to keep hitting, but then later on settle down , realized his potential and played some important innings and help Sl win 96WC.

Taposh: why take him in the team? with him and JO , Bd is really 13 man squad. every time he runs in I feel he will give a boundary away, so erratic. he is no where near express and should just concentrate on line-length which should be his motto anyway as a first change bowler(if he is selected!)

Ashraful: give this guy some practice!! trust me he is better than number 7