View Single Post
Old February 27, 2007, 10:32 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZunIAD
Well Bashar probably had ideas to leak some runs in so his batsmen can get some time in the middle, have you ever thought of that. I really dont know why you guys are upset this was a match that Bangladesh won convincingly. Given the fact that we had 2 main strike bowlers on the sideline and restricted them to 200+ was a good effort. Apart from Tapash who didnt bowl well and if he did do so (just say he took 2/30) we would have restricted them for 160 to 170. If we did bowl them out for 150 we wouldnt have had time for our batsmen in the middle and there would be no nafees century or sakibs well made 40+. This gave our 2 most important batsmen confidence knowing that they are going in WC with runs on their names. Quit looking at negatives this is a solid victory. Not to mention it was a placid pitch with nothing for the bowlers and I did read this information from an article.
Tamim is a new player and i think we should try him out for the Canda match and the warm up mathces, if he does fail we can go Saleh. There is no need for Omar as he wastes balls and creates pressure on the other end and also not to mention he is not technically sound.
For bowlers we cant take the chance by taking in tapash for India and Srilanka matches. He has no swing or variation what so ever and well get moulded, I mean comon he got hammered by Bermuda lol. Shadat is a good fast young bowler but lacks exprience as it is with all youths. He to me is just a raw fast bowler and still got a bit of swing but lacks variation (atleast he has pace and a bit of swing unlike Tapash). We need to give Shadat a go in the remaining match with Canda and the warm up matches and see his form, mind you he needs be at his top form becuase the West Indies wickets are quite slow and even bowler like Brett Lee, Andrew Nel and Shoib Aktar has being smashed around the park. If he does lack in his game then we can always settle for Rasel, his left arm medium pace is very depandable not to that fact that he is economical.
First, this is a One Day International and that is the reason why SN enjoys his century so much, there was no reason to "leak" runs to Bermuda.
Second, there is no question of seeing the form of Shadat, we have already seen him and he is our 2nd bowler after Mashrafee. Unfortunately, we don't have too many choices in this world cup lineup and we are in great danger if we lose either of them due to injury.