View Single Post
Old May 16, 2007, 01:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Akram has 2 nephews, one of them is currently playing in ODI with his own merit. When Faruque became the selector, the selection of Rajin was questioned so many times,, but Rajin did prove his mettle and provided the trust back. Akram may do the same and fortunately the Iqbal brothers are no Bashar or Raqibul Islam. However, there will be 2 more selectors besides the captain and coach. I dont think Akram can influence much beyond normalcy as he is not the cheif selector*(yet). Whether or not he has the ba#@s to throw out his freinds from the squad remains to be seen but I am optimistic that the new selection comittee will do a better job than Faruque. I openly admitted that I didnt like Faruque much and still dont... but I also think he gave the foundation for the future selection comittee to make bold decisions against popular demands and did what he thought was right for the selection. We will hope Akram and Co. will follow that track or make it even better and neutral. I would actually like to see Shujon with him as selectors as I think Shujon was the real "captain"