View Single Post
Old June 7, 2007, 05:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
amazing flick. the story, the screenplay, the monochromed cinematography, and the concept - all just too beautiful and cool to describe. haven't had this much aha ! fun in years.

edward norton has been one of my favorites since his debut in that richard gere lawyer movie ... don't care to remember the name at the moment.
I absolutely loved Illusionist. Though the plots are drastically different, it reminds me of Usual Suspects. You feel terribly cheated at the end of the movie, but in a heart-warming way. I'll even go as far as to say this is my all-time magic favourite.

The Prestige started off very promising. Even though Johansson's weak acting ruined a significant number of scenes, the story was intriguing enough to overshadow that deficit. But it's the last 10 minutes that ruined it for me. The ending was equally disappointing. Also, what eludes me is how they misappropriated Scarlett's talents. She could have had a far more glamourous role. Instead, you had to see her in unattractive clothes and listen to her nauseatingly coughy voice.