View Single Post
Old December 20, 2007, 05:11 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdchamp20
The selectors get a chance to make ammends for making the mistake of picking Tushar and they make another mistake! Rajin Saleh....! They say Saleh was chosen because of his good form in the NCL... I dont think an average of 19.75(one-day) is good form! Selectors wanted an early middle-order batsman so they ruled out Shahriar Nafees but there were lots of other middle-order batsmen who played much better than Saleh in the NCL. Kapali, Imran Ahmed, Foysal Hossain, Mosharaf Hossain and Dhiman Ghosh are middle-order batsmen who have played well with great strike rates as well, but they were all ignored for Saleh...no doubt that this batch of selectors are our worst ever!Anyway congrats to Saleh, hope he proves me wrong and can score some runs in NZ.
Please read their comment carefully. they said Since Saleh is confirm for the test they wanted to send him as a BACKUP for Tusher who can stay with the TEST team. Does any of your mentioned player got better avg then Saleh for TEST. Do some research first.

here is a good point to start from

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...t=ncl#cooliris

chk post 8.
Batting Stats:
BatsmanTeamInnoRunsBallsAvgS Rate100's50's
Rajin SalehSylhet141554132242.6241.91%14
NazimuddinChit161544120836.2745.03%14
Alok KapaliSylhet14
53481438.1465.60%21
Tushar ImranKhulna11
515103946.8249.57%13
Shakib Al HasanKhulna11151371251.372.05%24

BTW you might think Tusher is a faltu player but to the selectors and his stats says something different. so there is logic behind picking him(its not like picking shanto out of a blue kind of picking). so yes you might not agree with it but don't just say as if selectors should be pulling rickshaw rather than selecting the team.

I am not taking saleh, tusher or the selectors side. i am talking against the way most people (bengali) comes to a conclusion and says that as a way the rest of the people r dumb as hell.
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled