Thread: Nhl 2008-2009
View Single Post
Old October 22, 2008, 07:11 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bancan
Toronto getting a second franchise is speculation so far. I wont mind it. Toronto is richest market for hockey and we can sustain another team for sure. But the second team wont happen for a while i am guessing.
I would love it if they did. I would then have two hockey teams to hate instead of just one. Is it too soon to start thinking about names? Btw for those who watched the hockey game last night or caught highlights of it would be aware of the drama that took place in shootout. What the hell was Ron Wilson the head coach of the TML thinking? For those who are unaware, he substituted his starting goalie Vesa Toskala in favour of Curtis Joseph in the shootout because the latter has a better overall record in shootout. I thought, it was a slap in Toskala's face. Why would you start a goalie who is second best in your team in anything? The message is, Toskala's good enough to play the whole game but not in shootout? I felt sorry for Joseph. He didn't look comfortable at all. In the first shot he faced, Selanne scored with reasonable ease and in the second shot he let in a softie (stoppable low glove side shot of Perry). It's not Joseph's fault, just wrong decision by the coach. I have an advice to pass on to the new head coach, work harder with the shooter, inject some creativity into them and explain them that they are supposed to hit the net, not the Zamboni.
Anyway, my Habs are holding their own this year. I am anticipating a long playoffs run this year.

Last edited by Ishtylish cricketer; October 22, 2008 at 07:17 PM..