View Single Post
Old October 26, 2008, 01:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
I just cam back from Dhaka. I have meet several of my friends who came back from germany/australia/england and they all are doing well. Most are engineers and working for grameen/bangla link. Grameen is not hiring at this moment but they do have a AGM post open in marketing/sales. Like you I am thinking seriously moving back after doing MS and working for last 7 years. Yeah I will not get 1/2 the salary i am getting but the joy i have seen in my daughters face I have not seen that when she was in desney land. Only thing is I will go back in few years not right now.

Wish you all the best

However, (and sorry for asking something so personally), would it be possible that your daughter (dont know how old she is), felt happy as some sort of "vacation syndrome". Most kids I know love to go to Bangladesh........on vacation. Staying there might be a totally different ball game.

Also, a substantial number of Bangladesh immigrants do plan to return but they always mention "after a few years".

After seeing a number of people with children return, it seemed that it was twice as difficult to have a 12 year old adjust than a 6 year old. And thats precisely why the "few years" turns out to be 20+ for so many expats !

Sorry if I got too personal, but the whole issue is something I feel deeply about, having had to make decisions in the past 5 years, and also being sure of having to take similar decisions in the next 10 years...