View Single Post
Old October 26, 2008, 09:02 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglatiger84
Wish you all the best

However, (and sorry for asking something so personally), would it be possible that your daughter (dont know how old she is), felt happy as some sort of "vacation syndrome". Most kids I know love to go to Bangladesh........on vacation. Staying there might be a totally different ball game.

Also, a substantial number of Bangladesh immigrants do plan to return but they always mention "after a few years".

After seeing a number of people with children return, it seemed that it was twice as difficult to have a 12 year old adjust than a 6 year old. And thats precisely why the "few years" turns out to be 20+ for so many expats !

Sorry if I got too personal, but the whole issue is something I feel deeply about, having had to make decisions in the past 5 years, and also being sure of having to take similar decisions in the next 10 years...
u r absolutely right. and thats what i am trying to figure out. my daughter is 3. but we where also in vacation when we went to la and Disney but like I said the love she got from her cousin and fupus/khala she never gets it from anyone (including us) over here. So why are we depriving her from that... And few years that i am talking about is to figure out whether it was the vacation effect or not.Planning to visit home look for jobs etc in the mean time.

Also I am close to getting the PP. So i figured at least I should have that before i leave so that i have a backup!!! but again u r right. I am always saying i am going to go back but got used to usa for last 7 years but all emotions came back after my last/1st visit.

On the other hand my parents r very sick and old so that is going to be a deciding factor too. but saying something is easier than actually doing it specially when u have family...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled

Last edited by akabir77; October 26, 2008 at 09:13 AM..