View Single Post
Old November 8, 2008, 06:34 AM
Test Cricketer

I will not change the side. If Imrul has been selected to play one match [ unless it was due to injury of someone else ], then he must be given another chance. I was very disappointed in the manner of his getting out. The usual airy shot with hardly any feet movement scared lifeless with what Steyn might do to him if he put his front foot forward.

But then I could make the same criticism against all of them except Ashraful. Ashraful as we have written time and again has different problems. But credit must be given where it is due. After the initial, perfectly legitimate and well executed attack, he consolidated very well with the very admirable Shakib who, in my opinion, is currently, our most important player. This boy has a head on his shoulders !

The bowling , overall, I thought was actually very good !! Of course, barring the last few overs. You have to take into account that they used the powerplay then. Using the spinners ? I actually believe they are definitely weak against the spinners. I probably would have used Razzak and Mashrafe. This duo have done it many times before. I could not understand why Junaid had to bowl one over. Was Mashrafe injured ?

Keep in mind this ground had an extremely good batting track and an exceptionally fast outfield. The fact they were 217/7 after 45 overs shows how well our lads bowled. I thought they all bowled well. I hope this Naeem is good. So far I have no complaints. He is many times better than that Mahmudullah.

Why was Imrul playing here and not the Twenty20 ? Does anyone know ?