View Single Post
Old November 12, 2008, 05:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Dhurr Bhai,
I have just found this thread and read all the posts. I am also in same kind of position as you, but completely opposite though. I am in Bangladesh, Working in IT, in a leading Telecom Company. I am now thinking of going abroad to complete my masters and settle there, at least till long to get the passport for a back up!!!! Now, i am in a confusing state of which country to choose, which country will suit me and has easier immigration policies and good job market.

Whenever I am discussing about this to my relatives or friends, I come across to the following responses:
  • ya, right decision, you have to go abroad to have a better life and secure your future. yes, may be you are good now, but in Bangladesh you never know what will be your future. Get a good education there and enjoy a better life.
  • Why are you going abroad? you are doing a good job, you have future, why you have to go abroad? People who are doing well here need not to go abroad. Life in foreign countries is not as good as we hear from Bangladesh.

So, you see two very contrasting opinions.

After giving this whole scenario of staying abroad or in foreign countries, I have come a conclusion like this:

If you go to foreign countries from Bangladesh, all the positives of life you have here in BD will turn into negatives and all the negatives of here in BD will turn into positives. Also if you decide to come back to Bangladesh from foreign countries, all the positives you have in foreign soil will turn into negatives, and all the negatives will turn into positives. So, it is solely on the individual that which positive sides of life he/she desires in life. Based on this, the decision should be made.

Other members please have your opinions or comments on my point of view. You can suggest me about my situation also.

Dhurr Bhai, if you ask me to say what should you do, then my answer is, Do not come back now. As you are unmarried now, may be lots of things of life may seem easily adjustable here. But to maintain a family with responsibility with kids, is very very difficult here in BD. Also, some of the fellow members mentioned about the living cost here in BD. To add to that, I think 1 lakh taka is minimum in BD to maintain a good/healthy life with family and 1/2 kids. Don't think 1lac salary would be enough then. you have to earn 2 lac because to have a secure life, you have to save half of your income in BD. Because you are never sure what BD is going to show you tomorrow...anything can happen here.

If having life with family is the sole reason to come back, then bringing the parents, siblings to your place is a better option. Totally my personal point of view though.

To comment on all the concerns regarding BD, yes we have lots of problems here. But also yes, slowly but surely, we have made some progress. We are moving forward. But main problem lies on leadership. I don't know whether i can see our "Shonar Bangla" in my lifetime, yes i am frustrated a bit living here with nothing to do except "office-basha", still I love my country. We may show frustration towards the country, but that does not have relation to loving the country.