View Single Post
Old January 21, 2009, 08:09 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

After the very low scoring tight defeat by Zimbabwe on the 1st ODI, I think the Tigers are ready for another match. This game is very important for Bangladesh. One reason is that if Bangladesh loses this match, they will lose the series. On the other hand if they lose this game it will be Bangladesh’s 3 back to back defeats against Zimbabwe which is really shameful.

Zimbabwe’s innings: 160/9
Bangladesh’s innings: 164/4 (44.5)
Match result: Bangladesh won the match by 6 wickets.
Man of the Match: Roqibul Hasan

Toss won by: Bangladesh and elected to bowl first.

Zimbabwe's innings: Just like the earlier matches Bangladesh had a great start with the ball in hand. Bowlers managed to pick up 6 wickets very quickly (26-29-37-45-46-47). But then a partnership of 96 runs helped Zimbabwe a lot to gather a low but decent total. During the 20-40 overs I thought that the Tigers couldn't bowl like tigers. It was decent, but not great. Fielding was great as usual. Today Ashraful made the right decision to reserve a few overs of Mashrafe for the last part of the match. He took 2 wickets in the last over. Nazmul (3/28) bowled well in the opening spell. Ashraful used Rubel (2/29) in the earlier part of the game and that worked to.

Bangladesh's innings: The batsmen batted with responsibility. So, the result... win. Much needed victory. Six in the last ball to bring the victory. Thanks to Roqibul for his 50+ runs. Apart from Ashraful all the batsmen reached double figure mark. Mehrab scored 43 runs.

Players:

Bangladesh: Tamim Iqbal, Mehrab Hossain Jr, Mohammad Ashraful(c), Raqibul Hasan, Shakib Al Hasan, Mushfiqur Rahim(w), Mahmudullah Riyad, Naeem Islam, Mashrafe Mortaza, Nazmul Hossain, Rubel Hossain.

Zimbabwe: Hamilton Masakadza, Vusi Sibanda, Stuart Matsikenyeri, Tatenda Taibu(w), Sean Williams, Keith Dabengwa, Elton Chigumbura, Prosper Utseya(c), Ray Price, Tawanda Mupariwa, Edward Rainsford, Graeme Cremer, Christopher Mpofu, Forster Mutizwa, Malcolm Waller.

Congratulations TIGERS

Source: I am a fan of Tiger Cricket