View Single Post
Old July 14, 2009, 07:55 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell, aftab ahmed

It may seem harsh, but there is still a lot of work to be done ahead of the 2nd test. The selectors need to seriously consider whether Mehrab will score more runs than ashraful batting at no 5 or higher. Ash may have got vital breakthroughs with the ball (and what a joy that was to watch), but he was ineffective as a batsman. The question needs to be asked, even if Ash is ultimately retained and given one last chance.

We should also avoid packing the team with spinners. We definitely need three seamers and in the absence of Mash, Robin should come in. He and shahadat can share the new ball, with rubel coming on 1st change. The windies aren't stupid, we played on a flat track in Kinsgtown, it'll be a greentop at St George's. We'll be trounced if we rely solely on spin, we need seam bowlers.

The temptation to recall Enamul is strong, but who would you drop? The only possible candidate is Riyad, and as he has just taken a 5-fer and can bat, that would be unfair.

The only changes I can see the selectors making is Robin for Mash. However, if it were down to me I’d also replace Ash with mehrab.