View Single Post
Old July 16, 2009, 02:00 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno
BC already has excessive policing by moderators for a public forum to the point it becomes a bit oppressive.

Its a threatening environment as it is, to advocate for more censorship and locking/banning is too excessive.

I feel that the mods here make their authority and their whips pretty known. This is why the backlash was inevitable.

People stop responding to anonymous moderator threats who think themselves a perch above the rest. Thats the main problem, or disconnect, BC needs to address.

The question is not, should there be more policing and stamping authority on a public fan forum.

But rather:
We are adult grown men, or say young adolescents. Insults and war of words is a regular occurrence in real life. They them duke it out. Let them understand how people think and how people are. Exposure is necessary and speech, however VULGAR, needs to be tolerated not only because of free speech, but because patrolling an internet forum to maintain someone's "ideal" speech toleration is absurd in the internet age.

BC has no moral obligations to uphold ANY standard. This is a fan forum. Established by fans for fans. No more policing, no more moderator threats, no more ridiculous banning policies and forum rules that hurt more than help the discussion.

This is not a religious cult with numerous rules and regulations. Its a fan group! Let the words free flow. The strength of BC is that there are a lot of different kinds of people here. Thats the beauty of it. I would not like it if every one like minded homogeneous personalities occupied this space. Whats the fun in that??
From what I understood, Eshen is not talking about vulgarity in the choice of words, rather personal insults.