View Single Post
Old August 12, 2009, 01:23 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

As much as we can criticize players getting angry and play agreesive to vent it. Like Ash against price, Shakib at Utseya etc.

I see a postive aspect of it as well. I think that's good to build attitude & charachter in the field. I liked it as long as they reply through performance rathar than in non cricketing ways and getting into trouble. These are small lessons of playing according to one's intent. That too in a match condition. This can be precious pieces of lessons for the entire team & lift the team to another level.

Shakib played well, but he was too desperate to hit every ball, that isn't at all good. We all know how it looks when you go wrong/opponents make no mistake, in T20 against WI & T20 WC. If he could do that without giving 2/3 chances of getting out, I would have taken it as a part of his skill, but once you succeed through repeated mistakes of your weak opponent; it's no more skill, that's luck. I never like a game of chance, when you have the option of dictating oucomes by your skills. I am not over whelmed with this century; but well a century is a century; intentions were good but lacked a little in shot selection/to control emotions. But well played.

I'm getting a feeling that; we are travelling into a different level/era of the game, as a team.