Thread: BCB's dilemma
View Single Post
Old September 20, 2008, 07:04 AM
First Class Cricketer

Thank you for your reply. As an avid follower of the game, i am aware of the difference between IPL and ICL. If a player is not banned by BCB, ICC does not have the jurisdiction to ban that player. Having said that though, BCB probably doesnt have the courage to reverse the ban on any ICL-bound cricketer but before ICL starts in next few weeks, can BCB do something to bring back Aftab. I dont think BD team has the depth to replace players like Aftab, Kapali and Dhiman ( not yet anyway). Rahim's keeping leaves a lot to be desired although he is a better batsman than Dhiman but i havent seen any BD player batting like Kapali did against India ? I am sure he is capable of producing something similar. Except Tamim Iqbal we dont have any international class batsman who can secure one of the 16 batting spots in IPL. Even tamim will need to show a bit more consistency before they consider him as an opener in the IPL. Ashraful is good and on his day he can produce a special innings but he is as unreliable as Afidi although his strokes are more orthodox ...