View Single Post
Old June 19, 2012, 09:49 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
i am sad to see a senior member like you saying this. T20 is a form of cricket and its here to stay, just because we suck in this doesn't mean its garbage. if we were a team like aus who won 4 WCs and remained Number 1 test team for a decade then we could have not cared about t20..
I'm old fashioned. Trust me, I am faaaar more pro-T20 now than I used to be...heck I woke up early just to watch us bat in an unofficial series.

That being said, I hold Tests and ODIs to be more important as well as more classical forms of the game, and so far the ICC also sees things that way. 10 years from now they might not, but so far doesn't look like it. It also remains to be seen if all these premier leagues saturate the markets desire for T20 cricket. After nonstop IPL, BPL, QPL, XPL leagues maybe fans will want to see red balls and white shirts. I certainly hope so.

Look at it this way, do yo consider VVS Laxman to be a crap player since he can't even make his country's T20 A team? But he's one of the best batsman of his generation.

Some of our players are classical players like Anamul who I think will struggle in T20 cricket and maybe even in ODI cricket too. But I think he can shine in Tests and I wish we played more than just 4 matches a year.

#OneTeam1Dream