View Single Post
Old November 14, 2012, 06:57 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Even once in a while wouldn't be so bad, but he has a serious conversion problem.

When you have five days to bat, you have no business getting out trying to play extravagant shots.
Well fortunately Tamim has at least a short-term memory...I predict his 2nd innings to be far more sedate and he'll probably get that ton because I don't think the pitch will deteriorate much beyond its current state.

He did get bogged down by Naeem, as Sohel bhai will agree. But I think a large part of the blame goes to how few Tests we play and the fact that Naeem is relative Test newbie. Tamim should have anticipated Naeem to just block everything and hold an end up just like he would anticipate an Ashrafart if Matin had somehow gotten selected. But he probably forgot.

But I will agree Tamim is having a conversion problem which he wasn't having in 2010 when he cracked 4 tons in 6 months. But, I am hoping as we play more cricket this season, he'll get back into the flow (only 4 ODIs so far in 2012). We need to play more and BCB needs to arrange more ODIs, more Tests, more 4-dayers against NZ, WI, ZIM, IRE, even AFG - whoever is willing to play us.

#OneTeam1Dream