View Single Post
Old January 24, 2010, 08:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Hats off!! You will get your maiden century in due time.

I have never seen such grit and determination from a Bangladeshi batsman. The way he handled the situation and played with the tail-enders is simply amazing!!
Just before the end of the innings, I was comparing his "hundred" against all others. There may have been some cameo knocks but given the situation, none would have been more valuable.

Even though Mushfiq's century was a good one , fighting alongside the tailenders, it was always in a lost cause. Though that was not Mushfiq's or his partner's fault.

Nafis Iqbal's century is also quite important in this context. His century helped us get a rare draw to win our first series. But JO also scored big that day.

I suppose Shahriar Nafess' knock against the might of Australia [ and Warne ] should also not be discounted.

But in either of those two situations, the team was not in trouble at the time.

Nafis' century probably meant the team did not get into trouble and a defeat. So I rate that one quite high. But the quality of bowling today was much better.

Of course, Mahmud cannot bat higher up the order because we need a "experienced" batsman who would show the youngster's how to charge down the wicket like a drunken sailor and then [ again and again ] castigate himself why did he do such a stupid thing. This happens virtually after every innings. Dravid was almost decapitated as a result of this display of remorse. Shouldn't such realisation dawn before the act of suicide ?