View Single Post
Old July 6, 2017, 03:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
well then we "muslims" only have ourselves to blame. we have to respect the local culture and assimilate into the society. that doesn't mean ignore or leave your own religion/values, but adapt to the local customs and live peacefully. if there continues to be attacks then obviously at one point or another, the home country will need to tighten their policy.

in this respect, the US muslims or immigrants in general have done a better job assimilating than their european counterparts.

instead of just blaming others, it is better to look at ourselves and see what is going on.
Spot on. But the problem is bigger than we think it is. I will give you an example, when our parents came to UK there main focus was how to send money back home. They fought against their own family here in UK just to send money back home to their brothers, sisters, relatives etc. In doing so majority of the parents, especially dads forget about their children's education (what are they doing? Where are they going? Who are they hanging around with?), lot of them are now drug addicts. Tell me what will those drug addicts know about Islam? some of them are now turning to Islam after a life of enjoyment, which is a good thing. BUT not all of them are able to hack it..some of them become extreme... (many different factors here also).. the problem is deep.. and I don't see it being sorted very soon.. the media is now representing Islam by focusing on those drug addicts and gangsters, which is really sad. I have to say also, in general our Bangladeshi communities have improved, and a lot more youngster are now doing well in education.. but it's probably about 15-20% maximum.. I hope this number increases a lot more IA.. again bring us back to time and waiting.. let's see.