View Single Post
Old February 17, 2013, 01:42 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
?.......
BANFAN bhai I'm sure doing Rajib's janaja was his families decision. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think in Islam you are not suppose to do janaja for someone if he/she committed suicide. If I killed myself, I don't think my parents/family will be able to put aside their emotion and not do my janaja. My guess is that's what happened in this case. I think if Rajib had a say in how his funeral was performed, he wouldn't have wanted a janaja, but considering he is dead his parents decided what's best.
Bhai I also understand that, it was his family's decision. I wasn't talking at all from the religious point of view, and didn't question if he is entitled a janaja or not.

If you know that had he been given a choice, he wouldn't have wanted a Janaja, then wasn't it better to respect him by fulfilling his desire ? Was it necessary by a movement on principle to endorse a disrespect to the departed soul? While the movement is supposed to represent and display respect to individual preferences than forcing a person to do things in a religious way, against his own?

His family could have done anything they want in private and that didn't need to be endorsed by Shahbag.

Is this how we achieve secularism? Showing that, what ever u do and say at the end we will push u to religion...so whats the mesg to the secular thoughts and importance of my opinion. After my death I'm thrown into disrespect against my principle. Isn't it like a Hindu is forced into Islamic funeral after his death? just because he can't say anything, so that's right?

A movement championing a principle of secularism and democracy can't display such disrespect to an individual after his death. For some it may not matter, but it matters to me, because it's matter of principle and respect to an individual for me. We can't mass rape a persons opinion/right on the platform and fight against same thing on the same platform.

Last edited by BANFAN; February 17, 2013 at 04:03 AM..