View Single Post
Old June 16, 2005, 03:40 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

australia will win the ashes and do so quite comfortably. barring any miracles the closest i can see the ashes result would be a 3-1in australia's favor.england definately have a good enough team to give australia a close fight but in the end australia has way too much firepower for england to handle.england's chances will depend to a large degree on flintoff, harmison,vaughan and strauss. i am not so sure about their middle order. thorpe is not quite what he used to be. bell looks a class player but is still untested. vaughan to me is the key man but lately he has not been in the best of touch.plus england's bowling is too one dimensional. i will be really surprised if giles gets more than 7-8 wickets during the whole series.they rely way too much on harmison.hoggard can be a handful on helpful pitches but when there is no swing he can be taken to the cleaners.simon jones impressed me, and he could be the best bowler if and a big IF he manages to stay fit.did you notice i havent mentioned anything about australia? thats cuz they do not have any chinks in their armor. all in all, should be an exciting ashes...but seriously,the english winning the ashes? maybe next time

Edited on, June 16, 2005, 8:42 PM GMT, by roaring tigerz.