View Single Post
Old April 13, 2006, 09:36 AM
First Class Cricketer

Default This is Deja Vu All Over Again!!!

Yes, this was just like Multan. But I have no problem congratulating the team. If you could honestly tell me that you expected this match to go like this on the 9th of April, then and then only you can get away with not congratulating the team. Otherwise, CONGRATULATIONS.

We surpassed all of our expectations even before the start of day five. How many times in our short history of test cricket you could say that Bangladesh has a fair chance of winning on day 5? How many of the test cricketing nations could say that we're that close to defeating the world champions in our 5th year of playing test cricket?

Yes, it is another defeat for Bangladesh. But this is in no way just another defeat! The scorebooks do not contain the thrill and excitement that any match produces. The scorebooks have no way of recording the respect Bangladesh earned in front of the world. Those records would be a very important part of our cricketing history. I am glad I had the opportunity to be a part of history.

So to all of you pessimists, I would like to say if you cannot be part of this great moment...please stay a way for a while and let the team enjoy this moment of glory and all of us to congratulate the team and be with the team all the way. After all, the team really need this to prepare them for another great fight in the second test.