View Single Post
Old November 25, 2012, 10:45 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Naeem looked comfortable from the onset and showed patience while building his innings for that century but you could notice the complacency in his subsequent failures. That is the root of the problem imo. The goal of the players cannot be as low as getting into the national side. We often see our players getting out just after scoring a fifty while on the same match opposition batsman are scoring double centuries. All the players must seek higher goals so that they don't get into their comfort zone so quickly. This can only happen if we have fierce competition for places with two three genuine prospects for every position in the national side.
We must also bear in mind that while certain batting tactics may work on certain favorable conditions against bowlers of certain quality bowling under those conditions, they won't under more challenging conditions aiding those and even better quality bowlers. International cricket is all about those variables, and therefore, there's no real alternative to picking players with ability who, at least in theory, may adapt better to that reality.

Sadly, that ability isn't always reflected by NCL stats even when they should. One just needs to go to an NCL game or talk to local cricketers to know why.

So, while I appreciated what he did, I couldn't get too excited about Nayeem's test 100, I wasn't about Nazza!'s 70 either, and their subsequent failures during the same tour came to me as NO surprise. That's what you get with the Nayeems, Nazza!s, Rokibuls, Rajins, "Decans"es and Jahuruls of the world. It gives me no pleasure to say that BTW. In fact, it saddens me deeply.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)