View Single Post
Old December 9, 2012, 07:58 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: virat kohli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
Commiserations on your loss, bro. I've never been an India fan but have always admired many of your players, and have and will always support your team against Pakistan. I like to see the high and mighty fall especially when that height and might is generated more by the commercial marketplace than actual performance in a variety of transcontinental conditions. Something about rooting for the underdog rather than envy, I suppose. The point is, I'm not an India hater by any stretch of the imagination.

India is a good side abroad and nothing less than formidable at home. So this test series has been a major surprise for me. I have a few questions:

1. Do you think the high degree of commercial hype is creating complacency and delusions of grandeur amongst many of your National players?

2. If deserving players are not being given opportunities as you've posted, what would you suggest as the better, more reasonable and transparent way of making sure that they will be?

3. Who are some of these players you're talking about and why do you think they can be successful and then sustain success in International Cricket?

Looking forward to your kind response. Thank you
1) After winning the world cup our players has really become complacent and believe they can even get away with murder. Their way of thinking as of now is as long as they can beat visiting teams at home, away games doesn't matter as most of the sides lose away and win at home. they were delusional that they just need turning wickets and they will beat England.

2) Imo BCCI should let selectors or a team of former players to watch upcoming players in domestic cricket rather then going by statistics alone and groom them under former cricketers. Make a pool of good batsmen, fast/Medium bowlers and spinners from which you can select your team. Selectors should be able to pick players from that pool in case first choice player is out of form or injured.

3) Upcoming and promising Indian batsmen are
Rahane, Mandeep, Rohit, Akshath Reddy and Mukund.

Seamers: ATM are Pankaj singh and Shami ahmed . Sandeep sharma and Pawan Suyal are good but they need some more time in domestic cricket.

Spinners: Sadly I don't see anyone apart from Ojha and Ashwin to even be a part of the squad as of now.