View Single Post
Old July 6, 2023, 07:03 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shehwar
So many posts about Tamim not being in form. Am I missing something here? Top 3 run getter for Bangladesh in the last one year in ODIs. Right before this Afghanistan match, he hit a match winning 69 against Ireland in Chelmsford which was the highest score for the team. I find it ridiculous that people are saying Tamim’s form is an issue. This is an irreplaceable loss. World Cup will see big scores and Almost everytime we successfully chased a 300 plus score, it has been Tamim providing a solid foundation. Whether it was World Cup ‘19 against West Indies or World Cup ‘15 against Scotland or a response to that Charles Coventry 194 where we chased down 300+ because of Tanim’s 150 plus. It’s such a sad day for our cricket.
100%. He had a different role, but with Litton also out of form, we will regularly be down (at least) 2 wickets during the power play.

Still processing the fact that he won't play again. As the youngest of our senior players I thought he would be the last to retire - even with all his fitness issues.