View Single Post
Old March 25, 2008, 11:38 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default Social life / Married life: Mama's boy

• I am a working pregnant wife, can't cook
  • My husband is unemployed - will start a new job from 7th April - pay not good
  • I live 50% of my married life when I am not working at my parents' house and the rest 50% at my in-law's house
  • My husband loves good cooking, he always talks about this house's cooking is bad, that house's cooking is good etc. etc. His mentality is like this - if I am a bad cook, then he'll have no choice but to eat my bad cooking. Also, he loves his Mom's cooking. My Mom doesn't cook, we have a couple of maid-servants who cook for us at my parents' house.
  • Most importantly, about 3 to 4 months of before getting pregnant, I was talking to him, talking about my dreams and staff, from where I found out that he never intends to live separately - without his parents, his family. He also told me later that I can't cook, so why am I telling about living separately.
  • He has a sister, "my nonaish"and her son living at my shoshurbari. She also doesn't cook, but she helps her Mom around all the time. She is not a working Mom, also not educated enough - she may have only studied till her HSC before getting married. Her husband has left her and said he will not give divorce.
  • He also has a younger brother, who is working, and very much opposite to him. He works and is very independent. His pay is higher than my salary. I wish if my husband had the slightest bit of in dependency of his brother in him, it would have been better for me.
  • Our room at my shoshurbari is very small. There's not enough space to even keep a baby-cot. And our bed is not like those huge beds like 50 years ago so that we could let a baby sleep on the bed throughout a whole year. Come to think of it, our bed at my parent's house is also not big enough, but at least, there's some space to place a very small sized baby-cot in our room at my parent's house. Also, as per our culture, my parent's house is not my house, but my shoshurbari is. At least its supposed to be! - At least that's how my husband sees it and also tells me.
Please give me solution. What should I do?