View Single Post
Old December 28, 2012, 03:15 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team
Default ____ would have been one of the greats had he played for a better side

_____would have been one of the great ______ had he played for a better side than BD.

I have heard this logic being applied to quiet a few of our players. Logically it should be opposite, because they have a better opportunity to prove their worth playing for BD with the limitations they have. When you say this do you also consider a improved version of the player due to better facilities, guidance and more matches? Or with their standard at real debut...?

If an improved version, then it could be every BD player, as talented as they were in their teens, but if in current debut form and standards, I think, they have a better opportunity to do Better because they are playing for BD. in other teams, even our best performers wouldn't have so much opportunity, due to competition within the team.

Like Shakib could have had a debut as a bowler in many teams, but batting wise he could have been a 9-11 in the team, hence he would hardly get the opportunity to score runs to emerge as an all-rounder....well, if he had the talent, he could have even climbed up doing good in 9-11, but he would have had hard time than in BD team. Here he enjoys the luxury to chose any position he wants which wouldn't have been the case in a Ausie team.

So, I feel, that's just a fans way of praising some one to feel good, rather than really meaning it as they say. ... Or does anyone seriously feel other way ??

Last edited by BANFAN; December 29, 2012 at 08:45 PM..