View Single Post
Old March 10, 2004, 05:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Indian cricketers find Aishwarya inspiring!!

SIFYSPORTS

Really could'nt decide if this belonged to BD/Int or forget section. After reading it.... here it is. You can even discuss if she should be an inspiring factor.
Unfortunately, it is not about our Ash.

Will Aishwarya Rai lead the Men in Blue to victory when they take on Pakistan in the historic cricket tour beginning this weekend?
While no one can answer that just yet, the doe-eyed actress is a clear favourite amongst India's young cricketing heroes. Many of them admit they find her inspiring.

Those obsessed with Ash include Parthiv Patel, the baby of the team.
Picture Gallery: Ash at her best

"She's the one I like the most. I was only a kid when she was crowned Miss World but she has an enduring charm that can mesmerise anyone. Not only is she beautiful, but one has only to see some of her films to realise that she's a great actress too," he says.

"I talked a lot about her in school and my friends used to tease me for it. I have watched most of her films including 'Devdas', 'Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam' and others," gushes the 19-year-old wicketkeeper who is also known for his big hitting in the field.

Pace duo Ajit Agarkar and Irfan Pathan too have Ms Rai on their minds.
Discuss: When it comes to cricket Ash is pretty dumb. She should not be the inspiring factor.

"I have been watching her films since I was in college. Her divine beauty has a very soothing effect on the mind," says Pathan.

His recent engagement to Arti Singh notwithstanding, Haryana master-blaster Virender Sehwag is just as effusive in his praise for glam gal Aishwarya.

"What an actress she is! I think she deserves an award for being the most beautiful woman alive today!

Now that's one googly which may get Veeru run out of home and hearth!

[Edited on 3-11-2004 by chinaman : Please do not use deceptive title]