View Single Post
Old May 2, 2010, 11:01 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
you dont call hitting an unnecessary shot straight 2 the fielder throwing away your wicket? I'm not trying 2 pick on you bro but you have 2 fault shakib here..I mean dont get me wrong, Im a big fan of shakib and I really give him credit 4 doing so well with the bat and ball, add to that, his captaincy..but under the circumstances he really played a poor shot when the team needed him 2 stay..even if you ask him he will probably say that him being tired is not an excuse 4 that shot..shakibs a tough kid and has been through a lot more..no matter what you say he didnt play the smartest shot there..
I see nothing wrong in the way that Sakib got out, except that in the previous scene I saw him being 'tired' and the shot looked like he was frustrated. Perhaps if I hadn't seen the previous scene when he was tired, I wouldn't have any problem in the end. This is T20.

However, even though I'm thankful to Ashraful for playing a long innings, some of his shot selection was absolutely ridiculous. The way he got out, that shot he could have easily played down to fine leg without trying to do the trick shot that he was trying to do. Trick shots are never controllable. And for a batsman of his caliber, these trick shots are simply unnecessary. The sixes he had hit over the covers were simply amazing. And I just can't believe that it's the same batsman who got out on that poor shot. The keeper didn't even have to move - Ashraful gave it to him.

At that point the match was already over. Both Sakib and Ashraful should have known that. They probably did. And they needed accelerate. So I guess, end of the day, it's all about the situation. It was an enjoyable game, which wasn't one sided. That's the only takeaway.