View Single Post
Old January 5, 2010, 01:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: James Bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
My questions are

1- How can I prevent or reduce it?

2- Does it have anything to do with change of weather, food and water? Is my immune system not strong enough for Bangladesh even I lived there from the age of 5 to 17.

3- If it is water, please name few bottled water supplier in Bangladesh?

4- What kind of food should I avoid?
This is a choice between whether you (A) want to enjoy your stay in BD or (B) remain healthy during your stay in BD.

Of course, for (A), where you eat and drink whatever the hell you want at wherever the hell you want, you are bound to suffer.

If you want to go with (B), then:

- Drink "MUM" bottled water only.

- NEVER EVER drink water that did not come out of a filtering system. Some houses have these installed.

- Avoid eating at any restaurant that cannot be considered very upscale. The worst case of diarrhea I've had in the last 10 years was last year in BD when I had a dosa at this place in Bashundhara City (and I was told that that was safe...). Although, surprisingly, I had Fuchka from some standard fuchkawala (not a real shop) outside a bank in Gulshan-2 (it was highly recommended by my sister), and my stomach stayed perfectly fine. Same when I had chaap from outside Abahani club on Satmasjid Rd... no issues. So, it's a bit unpredictable.