View Single Post
Old July 24, 2007, 01:50 PM
Cricket Legend

It is like re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Unlike others I do not have a problem with JO as his ODI average is higher than most except Nafees, who piled it up playing Zimbabwe, Kenya, Canada, Bermuda etc. etc. But, clearly JO is not the future.

JO's average is the fourth highest after Sakib, Nafees and Aftab. Like Nafees, Sakib piled up his runs against the same minnows. So cannot place too much emphasis on those figures. I believe Nafees will settle down and Aftab will actually improve.

Tamim, for all his army of fans, is looking like yet another limited batsman with serious technical deficiencies. Personally, if I had to drop anyone it would have been him. His batting does not give any impression of solidity at the moment and his run rate which everyone is so concerned about is nothing to celebrate about lately.

It is difficult to believe that he has already played 17 matches [ including minnows ], but his total runs scored so far is only 295 with just one 50 and an average of 17.35.

Given that we cannot bat the full 50 overs, why not use Mushfiq as an opener in ODI's ? That way, JO does not have to be used which will please so many "fans" !

But this is the last match of a very forgettable tour. I hope I am proved wrong in every way and against all logic and recent history, we somehow win just one game.

Last edited by Imtiazk; July 24, 2007 at 01:55 PM..