View Single Post
Old November 10, 2018, 05:06 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
I don't want him dropped. I am just saying, so far it has not been good. Especially in light of the fact that other guys Bd have fielded recently have gotten off to better starts (Soumya, Sabbir, Mossadek).

Our problem recently has been batsmen's form tapering off after good starts. Now the solution to that is not to continue the Rahim era policy of giving players 10 years to get their averages past 30. That is just too much! Need a better solution than that since Bd is now a better team.

Questions should be asked after 2 years, if the average is still below 30.

I want the team to have these benchmarks. Numbers can really help a team to understand if they are achieving their objectives or not.
Roey my friend, my post was not directed towards you, for the most part you are a quality poster on here with sound logic and reasoning behind you’re thinking.

I just find it frustrating when there is hugely inconsistent selection policy, a lack of patience with talent and people defend it.

Look at the number 3 in the ODI team since shakib got injured. I’ll list them starting from the beginning of Asia cup: shakib, shakib, shakib, mithun, mominul, imrul, fazle, fazle, soumya.

Now that’s some inconsistent team selection. Not only is the number 3 spot being selected inconsistently but imrul, soumya and mithun have also played other matches within this 9 match span so it shows the inconsistency of selection of positions for the entire playing xi in this group of matches.

Take into consideration soumya and imrul had played a significant amount of matches before the Asia cup so why are they playing all over the order? Fair enough if you bring them back to try them in another position, but if you want to try them at 7 or 5 then do it, not for one match but properly give them some matches down there. Where are the6 now? Back at the top of th order after one maybe two matches playing lower down.

But back on topic, Tushar Imran is on the hype train right now. Btw I see nothing wrong with hyping a player, if some is playing well then they deserve some praise, but just because they get that praise does not mean people are googoo Gaga over them or that people think they’ll be a saviour. of course if someone is doing well and deserves a run and those in the team are poor people are going to lobby for that player doing well to be given some chances, my belief is that if you take that step to give them chances then give them a proper chance, otherwise you’ve just wasted matches and coaching and facilities on someone for no reason.