View Single Post
Old March 22, 2011, 02:37 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Buzz Lightyear

Siddons has to be held accountable but so do the selectors, the board and the players. The analysis should then look at who shared the greater blame.

Looking at the 58 and 78, if one can exclude the players' mentality then of course it looks bad for siddons. He needs to admit the faults in the team, however there was the danger that if he had done that in the past he would have been lynched- as it goes in with witch hunts if the witch doesn't drown it's a witch, if the witch drowns then it's innocent. Either way whether Siddons owned up or not, I think he would have still made the scapegoat.

As I see it our batsmen have repeated the same mistakes under whatmore, Siddons and any other coach for that matter. I think it's a lack of professionalism on our players' part and their inability to work hard and grind it out in partnerships. They lack cricketing brains more than anything. Thus I argued for Siddons, I hold the players and their idiotic habits more responsible than anything else.

That being said, someone will have to go after the enquiry, it is highly likely Siddons wil face the chop and judging by the 58 and 78 I can no longer argue as strongly as I had for siddons' inclusion as coach. But at the same time I am of the opinion that if you are going to get rid of gangrenous flesh, you may as well remove everything otherwise it will spread.

We need selectors who will select on form and will travel throughout bangladesh on talent hunts as well as having no affiliations with players. We also need changes at other levels as mentioned before.