View Single Post
Old September 5, 2012, 03:41 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin
Question Is This The End Of Tendulkar's Test Career?

No in his last 25 test matches. Highest score of 27 in his last 7 test innings. Bowled 3 consecutive times for the first time in 10 years. Is this the end?

Manjrekar thinks not and he has some compelling points. I think not because it is tough to write him off. The combination of talent, desire and hard work built his career and as long as the desire and hard work is there, he can come back strong.

Quote:
Tendulkar not finished yet
He may have a problem with the full-length delivery but he's still valuable to India's Test side.
Sanjay Manjrekar

A few weeks ago on this website I strongly recommended that Sachin Tendulkar should be in the Indian touring party to South Africa in November 2013, and my mind remains unchanged. To me, the way Tendulkar got out in his three innings against New Zealand does not suggest by any stretch of the imagination that he is finished as an international batsman.

I will stand by what I have said all along about Tendulkar: that his run-making at the international level will stop only when he stops playing. Until then, he may not dominate as he used to but he will still be a good enough batsman to get runs at the highest level, and to add value to the Indian team, especially in Test cricket.

READ MORE
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)