View Single Post
Old June 22, 2005, 11:35 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by BanglarBir
Only two days before that we took on the best in the world and beat them so convincingly!
I am finding it hard to accept the word "convincingly" in that sentence. It was a great, great, great victory. It was convincing in the sense that we convinced ourself that we are capable of beating any team in the world but the margin of victory was no way convincing.

As for why did we loose? Well, here are a couple reasons that I can think of:

1. We have no idea how to get the English batsman out.
We have not been able to get them all out once, test of ODI.
2. The English has become almost unbeatable in their turf.
They have not lost too many games at home against anybody.

They are going after our bowlers and our bowlers are taking that beating. The message the English batsman have sent repeatedly to our bowlers are "you guys are worthless" and we have not been able to respond to it. I would say when they were playing aginst the English their confidence was very very high and after a few overs it was 20% and close to 0 when they were done bowling 50 overs. If the Aussis send that message successfully in the first few overs of the next game it will be over. I think it is becoming critical for our bowlers to overcome this mental block against the English. I would suggest that our bowlers go and study these batsman and figure out a strategy for the English batsman and execute it on the ground. Whatever strategy we have isn't working, unless it is part of the strategy to give the English batsman a false feeling of our bowling attack and then press them hard in the last match.

For reason #2 above, all you can do is fight hard and create some winning conditions and I am sure some one will step up to the plate.