View Single Post
Old August 26, 2013, 10:22 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
everyone wants naeem back into the ODI side now, wasn't that many series ago where he got that test ton and even got a 50 in ODIs but no one wanted him in the ODI team. spots are tough atm, imo the spots up for grabs in ODIs are #3 and riyad's spot, i'd say the 2 in the running for #3 are mominul and naeem, need to decide who to put there, mominul hasn't been given many chances but hasn't done that well, naeem has been given a lot of chances and hasn't done that well BUT he's older now, he's developed a bit more, he just scored a ton against England A in a list A match and he was never really given chances up the order in his previous try's in ODIs.

my gut is saying have mominul as a back up in ODIs (or maybe take riyad's spot lower down the order) and have him focus more on tests, and have naeem at #3 in ODIs since he's in good form and this can be naeem's make or break chance in ODIs. in saying that naeem just started doing well in tests, don't want to ruin him in that format, should he focus on tests?

i want shabbir at #7 in ODIs because of his hitting ability but proper batsmanship and his leg spin bowling but he's just so inconsistent with the bat it's hard to justify a place for him.
If Shabbir should be tried, it should be for T20I's. I feel he still has a lot to prove before he gets tries in ODI's and Tests. He needs to prove himself more in the Academy team and then get tries in the A team and making it count before thinking about ODI's and Tests. So it might be a while till Shabbir gets looked at but then again he is very young and has a long time to develop his game.