View Single Post
Old August 27, 2013, 02:52 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynemesis
its cz he is hater hehehehehe , btw this is riyad last 8 odi inning ৫২, ৫৬*, ৪৮, ২৯, ৬, ৩৬, ৩১, ৭৫* tell him to look at it
i think if a player who is supposed to primarily be a batsman averages only just above 16 from 14 innings batting in the top 7 then it's fair enough to leave them out of the XI or even the squad. and if he's meant to be an allrounder well then still as i said in my previous post his overall batting record is under 28 and bowling record is 45+, definitely not worthy numbers for a spot in a test XI. tamim, shakib, mushy, nasir, mominul, naeem are all currently averaging 30+ in tests so that's 6 batsman that should be batting inside BDs test top 7 who should be ahead of riyad and that last spot in the top 7 needs to go to an opener which riyad is not. and riyad certainly can't compete as a bowler against the likes of shakib and gazi.

as far as ODIs go, credit where credit is due riyad has done well with the bat lately, still averages over 30 without those innings i believe but considering where he bats his strike rate is no where near high enough. i think batting at #7 which he's done in 60 odd matches out of his 91 his strike rate has been 75, a high average is of course what you want but in ODIs, especially batting 6 or lower you really want someone who can strike at 90+ regularly (or higher). props to riyad for doing well lately (even the strike rate in his last few matches has i think been in the 80s), the 30+ average is good but that strike rate needs to improve if he's going to bat down around #7. all things considered though he probably does deserve a ODI spot, but there's no way you can work his t20 and test numbers in a way where they support him being selected as a top 7 batsman/all rounder.