View Single Post
Old February 8, 2020, 06:25 PM
Cricket Guru

Zim Test needs to be utilized to find a better combination for upcoming matches, not as just another opportunity to bully them to feel good again.

My XI for the Zim Test would be -

Tamim
Soumya/Jahurul
Shanto
Momin
Riyad
Mithun
Miraz (C)
Nurul (WK)
Taskin
Fizz/Shoriful
Rahi

Don't think Saif is ready for international cricket yet, though he may do fine against Zim (especially now that Jarvis is not coming). But, like I said earlier, this should not be about finding someone just good enough for Zim. I would keep him on the bench for now.

Don't like the idea of four lefties at the top either. We will most likely see Bilal Asif at Karachi (Apr), especially after Yashir Shah's lackluster show in Pindi. Only other decent right-hand top order batsman I can think of is Jahurul.

Don't think Mushfiq should be back for one match to disrupt the team, as he won't go to Pakistan for the 2nd Test either.

I would continue with Riyad till Karachi Test. If he continues to fail, time to dump him for good and bring in Mosaddek.

If Momin knows what's good for him, he should give up captaincy on his own.

Time to limit Liton to LOI. Nurul is a way better Test prospect.

Time to put Ebadot back in the bench as well, he still has a long way to go.

We badly need a left-arm pacer for variation. If Fizz is still not back to his old form, it's time to give Shofirul a go.

Hope BCB will have the intelligence to make a faster pitch on Mirpur this time around. It's too easy to choke Zim with SLAs on a slow pitch. But we need to take this opportunity to prepare the team for other oppositions, for away conditions.