View Single Post
Old March 16, 2011, 09:05 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaig1
I do not even feel like answering to you but then maybe thought you might need more cricketing knowledge, so answering to you...

1. There was no Broad.
2. With dew, Swann and other part timers were not as useful.
3. Anderson is waste when it does not swing. Look at his performance at all the matches in the world cup.
4. Against this English bowling attack, Ireland chased 327 and Holland scored 292.

I never took away the credibility from Imrul's performance. I had just mentioned we will get more knowledge about Imrul against stronger teams.

I still feel Tamim and Shakib are only world class batsmen in BD side. I hate to mention this in a thread where Imrul's performance is being celebrated. Imrul's performance shone just because of stupidity of other batsmen and he got time to settle because of Tamim's firework at the start.

Sometimes, on reading such senseless posts I question myself on what am I doing in BD cricket forum.

- Mirza

Hi. Regarding your claim that we need more knowledge about Imrul's performance against stronger teams and that Tamim and Shakib are the only world class batsmen in the BD side, I thought I'd point out a simple statistic:

Against the top 8 test teams, Imrul's ODI batting average (32.5 in 26 innings) is higher than that of both Shakib (28.7 in 61 innings) and Tamim (27.4 in 61 innings).

See the following thread:
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=36568

As always, past peformance is not a guarantee of future performance, but the record probably speaks for itself. Of course, I am hopeful that all three of them, as well as others in the team, will be able to steadily increase their batting averages further. All the best to them.