View Single Post
Old November 15, 2012, 01:19 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Not basing this just on this inning. I've thought he's the perfect #4 for a few years now. I was also right about Mushfiq and believed he would be a key player even in his early days; and people who doubted his abilities back then can't think of a squad without him these days. Same issue there - playing a very capable top/middle order batsman way too low down the order (#8) for years and expecting 50s and 100s.
I think a alot of people are right. Naeem has done beautifully and he has the single best temperament for this format. But he does have his technical limitations...on a pitch with the ball moving about against an express bowler he likely won't last long at all. The good thing is with teh FTP and general trends in Test cricket, he will probably never see such a pitch even if he gets 100 test caps.

Mushfiq on the other hand is afar more technically competant fellow and a more assured stroke player also. But we finally have a middle order that is decent (legendary by BD standards) even compared to G8 sides.

I think SN still has a place in teh side, Junaid should be a 12th man slip catcher...and Riyad will have to fight for a place.

Just imagine 2-3 years from now when Anamul and Soumya come into the side, domestic records indicate they're better than even the guys we have now (barring Tamim, SHakib, Mushy, Nasir).

We just need some bowlers.

#OneTeam1Dream