View Single Post
Old March 24, 2013, 08:27 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
I honestly like watching Mash and Nazmul opening because even though they don't have much pace, they can actually kee it tight and dry up the runs. That combo with our spin attack is great. Shafiul and Rubel have very good records against in our G8 wins but have consistency issues and once they don't click, they look ugly
yes keeping it tight is always good to see. we need to find some corridor bowlers. i really think atm the selectors should be looking for the mcgrath/pollock type bowlers who keep a consistent line and length on off stump or just outside, the other type of bowlers they should be looking for are kulesakara and B.Kumar type bowlers who can swing it a lot.

i don't mind the selectors trying to find a decent bowler with pace, but a pace attack needs a variety of bowlers. keep rubel and abul around as the "fast" bowler, but please find some swing/seam/corridor bowlers as well so the attack has good variety.

i'm thinking an attack such as mash/nazmul with a rasel/sajidul and a rubel would be ok. or 2 of mash/nazmul type bowlers and a sajidul/rasel or a rubel would be ok. but an attack of rubel, abul and shahadat is no good, they're basically the same type of bowler trying to do the same thing all the time and none of them are consistent enough.

by all means take a "fast" bowler into a 3 man pace attack but the other 2 should consist of at least one corridor bowler and the 3rd place can go to either another corridor bowler or a swing bowler.