View Single Post
Old June 18, 2004, 03:50 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by vv_sunil
WAKE UP BANGLADESH AND PUT MORE EFFORTS.... AT LEAST 4 WINS SHOULD BE REGISTERED IN COMING ASIA CUP. ... otherwise, the following news is very disturbing to bd fans as bd failed to beat WI in the last one day series...

===========================
news source - cricinfo:
Ireland romp to famous victory

Wisden Cricinfo staff

June 17, 2004

Ireland 295 for 4 (Bray 71, Molins 66, O'Brien 58*) beat West Indians 292 for 7 (Bravo 100*) by 6 wickets
Scorecard

Ireland followed their victory against Surrey earlier this season with an even more impressive win against the West Indians by six wickets at Belfast. After a century from Dwayne Bravo helped his side to a more-than-competitive 292 for 4, Jeremy Bray and Jason Molins set the platform before Niall O'Brien led Ireland to victory with more than three overs to spare.

Chasing 296 to win, Ireland got off to an impressive start when Molins and Bray put on 111 for the opening stand.

==============================
For Ireland, on the other hand, this victory further increased their claims for playing international cricket after recent victories against Zimbabwe and Surrey. Adrian Birrell, their coach, said: "I knew we could beat them and I'm delighted we've proved to a wider audience what Irish cricket is capable of achieving."

"Forget 1969, this is the game we will all be talking about now" added Peter Thompson, head of Ireland's Cricket Union. "It's a great day for Irish cricket and I'm sure there will be many more to come."

Ireland may soon get their chance to shine on the big stage if they qualify for the 2007 World Cup in next year's ICC Trophy, which they are hosting
============================
We are up. But vv_shunil you are probably not. Look at the WI team carefully against Irland. Do you find some player missing. Ok No problem let me point them out for you.

Batsman:

Sarwan: (Scored 260 in test)

Bowler:

Tino Best
Collins: (remember his swing you watched the game until 4)
Edwards
Sarwan
Banks

What do you think about that. Thanks again.