View Single Post
Old November 1, 2009, 07:27 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah
This is the first and last book I will ever read from Robbins, he is a chalk full of BS; hardly anything original. I read it because it was a gift and heard a lot about him before. I have a thing about incomplete books. I have to finish it even if I don't like it.

Original goal at the beginning of the year was 3 books per month, hopefully I will have better numbers next year.
Great list Blah! Although typical atheistic, Michael Shermer clannish, type of dismissal of Robbin's work as bs from you. I have purchased his course once and yes it was not money's worth; however, when I read his book, there is a reason why this man is a life coach for some high cannons. And I think we can pretty much rule out the fact, that these guys are not idiots to pay such huge amounts of money to him. I am guessing you have also the same anti sentimental wrath against New Age books/authors? Each and every person in this world have their own niche. Every one doesn't have to be strict, left brained logical doctors and engineers. Robbins' work has touched and shaped many people's lives and he himself mentioned how he was doing dishes in the bathtub and was flat broke.

In a nutshell, I don't think he's full of bs.

On topic: Just bought a book called Buddha's Brain by two phds in neuroscience. I was looking for something like this for a lawwwwwng time and hopefully it won't disappoint me. Should be a good fix!

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles