View Single Post
Old December 15, 2003, 03:05 PM
Cricket Legend

By the way, the propaganda machine is already at work. The Education Ministry of the Provisional Authority (US chamcha)starts their new webpage with:

"Prior to the 1970s, Iraq?s educational system was considered one of the best in the Middle East, especially in science and mathematics."

How convenient, 1970...just before Saddam arrived on the scene! Then Iraq's education suddenly plunged into dark ages. :P

The lying chamcha's don't even realize that their version of history don't match with the one presented by Boro Dada (USAID):
Quote:
Prior to the 1990s, Iraq had one of the best education systems in the Middle East with universal primary school enrollment and high rates of literacy among women. However, a decade later school enrollment for all ages declined to approximately 53 percent. Today, renovations and repairs are greatly needed due to years of neglect under Saddam Hussein's regime.
---------------

Ummm, so exactly what happened after 1990? I mean Saddam wasn't in power SINCE 1990 but 20 years before that. Why did he suddenly start neglecting his educational system after 20 years?

OOH that's right, there was something called the gulf war, which destroyed the whole civilian infrastructure in Iraq. Then there was sanctions that made people jobless, fall into poverty or leave their country altogether (in the case of educated middle class), which in turn made the Iraqi society less educated, more fundamentalist and conservative. I see. Hmmm...

I swear these pathetic lying hypocrites make my blood boil sometimes.

[Edited on 15-12-2003 by Arnab]